We host regular seminars for existing clients and non-account holders at our Raffles Place office. All seminars are free of charge.
Using our Trading Platform
This seminar is delivered in two parts; first introducing CFD trading then how to use our trading platform.
- Understand the basic principles of CFDs
- How to place trades on our platform
- Making the most of different order types
- Managing risk
Register below for the next Seminar on this topic, on Tuesday 4 June or Tuesday 18 June from 7pm-8.30pm.
A longer, two-hour seminar which also covers the topic of trading on our mobile and tablet apps, will be held on Thursday 30 May, from 7pm-9pm. Register below.
Trade with insight, using Charts & News
We aim to provide all you need to guide your trading decisions. This seminar talks you through our insight, news, analysis and trading centre.
- Use charts to assess and trade on markets
- Understand alerts and keep track of upcoming market events on our economic calendar
- Examine analysis across individual markets and asset classes
- See how 140,000 clients are trading the markets
Register below for the next Seminar on this topic, on Tuesday 25th June from 7pm to 8.00pm.
Trading with charts
This seminar takes an in-depth look at the features of the two different charting packages available in our trading platform.
- How to use our real-time charting package and the importance of choosing high reward / low risk trades
- Using simple techniques to place stop-losses and identify targets
- Trend following and an objective approach to analysis
Register below for the next Seminar on this topic, on Thursday 13 June from 7pm-8pm.
Trading on your iPhone / Android / Tablet
This seminar discusses how to make the most of the mobile and tablet trading apps available from IG.
- Platform technology
- LIve data, fast charts
- Efficient, personalised trading
- DMA trading on your iPhone / Android
This topic will be covered off within the Using our Trading Platform seminar on Thursday 30 May, from 7pm-9pm. Register below.
Introduction to FX & Shares CFD Trading
Ideal for new entrants to the market or those brushing up on their skills, this seminar presents the basics of trading forex and CFDs .
- Short-term market outlook commentary
- Applying technical & fundamental analysis
- Introduction to CFD & forex strategies
- Charting made simple - Interpreting charts
Advanced chart analysis
This seminar provides more in-depth coverage of our charting tools for the more experienced traders.
- Overview of Proscreener, our powerful scanning tool for all asset classes
- Back testing and creating strategies using advanced charting
- How to create, customize, draw and analyse historical data
TECHNICAL ANALYSIS AND TRADING STRATEGIES
Presented in English or Chinese, this seminar explains how to use technical analysis to assist in your trading.
- the importance of trendlines, support and resistance
- how to use technical indicators to time the entry and exit of a trade
- examples of trading strategies
- how to use IG's charting software to assist in your trading
Please complete all fields in the form
IG provides an execution-only service. The material on this website does not contain (and should not be construed as containing) investment advice or an investment recommendation, or a record of our trading prices, or an offer of, or solicitation for, a transaction in any financial instrument. IG accepts no responsibility for any use that may be made of these comments and for any consequences that result. No representation or warranty is given as to the accuracy or completeness of the above information. Consequently any person acting on it does so entirely at his or her own risk. The information in this website is intended for general circulation and does not take into account the specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any particular person. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed.
CFDs are leveraged products. CFD trading may not be suitable for everyone and can result in losses that exceed your initial investment, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.