We quote daily limited risk options which settle at 23.00.
Value of one
contract (per point)
|Dealing spread||Dealing hours|
Notes to table
- Limited risk option CFDs are cash-settled daily options and cannot be exercised by or against you or result in delivery of the underlying security.
- Upside limited risk options can only be bought to open, and sold to close. Downside limited risk options can only be sold to open, and bought to close.
- Each trading day we quote a number of buy and sell limited risk option CFDs on various underlying FX pairs. Each option CFD has a predetermined 'floor' (buy) or 'ceiling' (sell) set by us. The difference between your entry price to the market and the stated floor or ceiling is used to determine the maximum potential loss of the relevant transaction and also acts as a 'safety level' for the position.
We take the following factors into account when making our limited risk option CFD prices:
- the level of the underlying market to which the limited risk option CFD relates;
- the distance from the relevant floor or ceiling to the level of the underlying market;
- the time to expiry of the limited risk option CFD;
- the volatility in the underlying market;
- our remuneration and costs.
The limited risk option CFD involves built-in guaranteed risk protection; the closing price of the limited risk option CFD can never breach the safety level (ie the floor or ceiling) of the relevant transaction.
- Limited risk option CFDs are daily options that trade from 00.00 to 22.59 (Singapore time) each day and will automatically expire based on the first reported print on the relevant FX pair as reported by Bloomberg at 23.00. Please note you are able to close the relevant positions at any time prior to one minute before the expiry of the option.
- If the underlying market breaches the safety level, the price of your limited risk option CFD will remain at the safety level and the relevant position will remain open either until the expiry of the market or until you close the position.
- For all limited risk option CFDs, we accept 'at market' orders only and no stop or limit orders are available to open or close positions.
- Limited risk option CFDs expire same day and cannot be rolled over.
- No receipt or payment of funding interest will arise from limited risk option CFDs.
- When you trade in a currency other than your base currency, your profit or loss will be realised in that currency, then automatically converted based on the currency conversion settings of your account in to your base currency. The relevant conversion rate will be used at the time of conversion, based on the relevant spot FX rate and no more than +/-0.3% as our standard conversion charge.
- Dealing may be suspended, or its start may be delayed or dealing hours shortened, depending on holidays and the actual situation of the underlying market.
CFDs are leveraged products. CFD trading may not be suitable for everyone and can result in losses that exceed your initial investment, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.