Trading from charts
Our innovative Trade from Charts technology lets you open and monitor positions directly from our standard and Advanced Charts packages.
From a chart, simply ‘drag and drop’ to open an order with the click of a mouse. Trade from Charts lets you:
- Open and close positions through the charts
- Attach and amend stops and limits to your existing positions
- See and edit orders to close within the charts
- Set trading triggers within the chart
- View your current aggregated exposure on any market
How to use Trade from Charts
Trade from Charts is available to all clients through IG and Advanced Charts. The feature can be enabled in IG Charts by clicking on the Deal menu to reveal the IG Chart dealing panel.
To activate the feature in Advanced Charts, go to My Account > Settings and click on Preferences. Choose Activate Advanced Charts and Trading from Charts, and then select Set Preferences. For help using these charts, access the Trade from Charts help section of the Help and Support portal.
Along with the enhanced trading functionality, our ultimate Advanced Charts package offers a collection of pro-level charting tools. Some of the features include:
- Customisable viewing options and graphic interface – set up preferred indicators and time periods, plus select custom colours and 3-D visuals.
- New alerts – construct new alerts through the Top Movers and ProScreener windows.
- Huge range of indicators – with coloured visuals to aid clarity, use an array of indicators, including Moving Average Ribbon, MACD Rainbow and CCI Divergence.
- Enhanced Tick Data management – optimised handling of multiple ticks.
- Outstanding drawing objects – a range of tools including coloured Fibonacci Retracements, Ruler and New Horizontal and Vertical Segments.
- Drag ‘n’ drop – drag a market from any list and drop it into a chart, list or order book.
CFDs are leveraged products. CFD trading may not be suitable for everyone and can result in losses that exceed your initial investment, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.