We are the world’s largest CFD provider and Singapore’s leading CFD provider for customer satisfaction.1 We have a long history of leading our industry through innovation, quality service and transparent, value-for-money trading.
Who we are
We are owned by IG Group Holdings plc:
- A member of the FTSE® 250 Index, we are listed on the London Stock Exchange
- With an office in Raffles Place, registered in Singapore, we are regulated by the MAS
- We serve over 140,000 clients worldwide, making millions of trades every month
- We have offices in 14 countries across five continents
Your money is safe
We segregate 100% of client funds - including net running profits - in an account in a Singapore bank, to protect your funds.
We use our own money - not client money - to hedge trades, and we do not have a proprietary trading desk.
Our client money protection page provides all the details if you would like more information.
We are regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
Investment Trends surveys traders annually to report on CFD providers, as the most significant research into the industry in Singapore.
The 2012 report found us the number one CFD provider for overall customer satisfaction in Singapore, a title we've retained for 3 years, since the research began in 2010.
We were also recognised for the best trading on mobiles and smartphones by Singapore’s CFD and FX traders, two titles we've retained since the categories were first introduced in 2011.
Certain milestones in our Group’s history are outlined below.
- IG Index, the original IG Group company is founded. It is today the world's leading operation of its type.
- We launch IG Markets, specialising in providing financial derivatives, primarily Contracts for Difference (CFDs).
- We open an office in Australia as the country’s first CFD provider.
- We expand into Singapore and Germany.
- We launch our award-winning trading platform and expand into the US, Spain and France.
- We launch trailing stops and introduce trading-from-charts to our platform. We open our Italian office.
- We open offices in Sweden and Luxembourg.
- We’re named Singapore's Best CFD Provider for Customer Satisfaction by Investment Trends.
- We launch custom-built trading apps for iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7, and we are again named Singapore's Best CFD Provider for Customer Satisfaction by Investment Trends.
1. Largest retail CFD provider by revenue (excluding FX). Source: Published financial statements. As at August 2012. Investment Trends 2010 & 2011, CFD & FX Reports show that IG had the highest average overall client satisfaction among CFD providers in Singapore.
CFDs are leveraged products. CFD trading may not be suitable for everyone and can result in losses that exceed your initial investment, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.