WHY TRADE CFDs?
CFDs are a flexible means of margin trading on movements in the price of shares, forex crosses and other assets, without owning the underlying assets.
You can also trade CFDs on stock indices, commodities and several other markets through your IG account.
Benefits of CFD trading
- Go short or long to profit from markets falling as well as rising
- Amplify the profit or loss by trading on margin
- Open and close positions when you like; most CFDs don’t expire
- Trade a wide range of markets through one account
Trade with the market leader
- The world’s No.1 CFD provider1, with an office in Raffles Place
- Licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore and International Exchange in Singapore
- 0.1% commission on major shares, major forex pairs starting from 0.8 pips
- Clear, transparent, competitive pricing, with no hidden costs
- A suite of Risk Management tools lets you limit your risk before trading
- Singapore’s easiest trading platform and best mobile trading apps2
- Direct market access lets you trade directly into the forex order book and the order book of equity exchanges
There are some significant advantages to trading CFDs as an alternative to traditional share trading. We give you the ability to stay close to the market, with transparent pricing on all of our shares, plus a choice of sophisticated web-based trading platforms.
1. Largest retail CFD provider by revenue (excluding FX). Source: Published financial statements. As at August 2012.
2. The 2011 and 2012 Investment Trends Singapore CFD & FX Reports show CFD clients gave IG the highest average ratings in the CFD industry for ease of use of platform, and the award for best mobile and smartphone trading in the FX and CFD categories
CFDs are leveraged products. CFD trading may not be suitable for everyone and can result in losses that exceed your initial investment, so please ensure that you fully understand the risks involved.